Hosting a NIGP Course for your Chapter
NIGP has built an annual course calendar to supplement chapter hosted courses. Chapters may request in-person or virtual offerings hosted by their chapter by coordinating with the NIGP Events Administrator (Karen Robinson).
For FY24, we encourage chapters to educate their members about the Learning Give-back Program, where chapters earn 5% of gross revenue for every individual who registers and pays for a NIGP hosted course when they identify themselves as a member of the chapter. This is an easy for chapters to earn money to help support their membership.
Chapters interested in hosting courses should follow the steps below.
Sign a Chapter Seminar Agreement and email the completed form to email@example.com. These are typically issued annually in June.
Plan your chapter’s training calendar using the following resources:
- Chapter Reference Guide
- Course check list
- NIGP can assist in surveying your member’s needs. Email Karen Robinson at firstname.lastname@example.org to get started.
- View the NIGP Catalog of Learning Opportunities
- Course request form
Promote and market your educational plan to your members. This is an important step to ensure attendance!
- Market the upcoming course on your website or other web tools/platforms, as well as at chapter conferences and meetings (Chapter Marketing Toolkit)
- For a listing of national members in your area, contact email@example.com
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance with sending out blast emails to your state