- Establish a JOC program that allows for smaller projects to be completed faster and reduces administrative costs.
- Acquire stakeholder support to establish a JOC program.
- Establish parameters to determine the best procurement method and requirements for the term contracts.
- Establish parameters to determine the best procurement method and requirements for the term contract.
- Manage JOC contracts while ensuring program viability and compliance.
Specialization Certificate: Job Order Contracting
- Date: 08/14/2024
- Start Time: 8:00 AM Eastern Time
- End Time: 5:00 PM Eastern Time
- Hosted By: Virginia Association of Governmental Procurement, Inc. Chapter of NIGP
- Instructor: Ms. Kristy D Varda, NIGP-CPP, CPPO, CPPBContracting OfficerMs. Kristy D Varda, NIGP-CPP, CPPO, CPPBOriginally from Oklahoma and a proud Oklahoma State University Alum, Kristy spent 10 years as a military spouse before relocating to Virginia from Germany. Kristy completed her Masters in Biotechnology Studies in 2008 and her MBA in 2009 while working in a variety of industries. She has been in public procurement for over 11 years and now works as a Capital Contracting Officer for Loudoun County Government. Her passion to help others grow in their procurement profession began with presenting webinars on Sole Sources and Software Procurement. She has been a part of the NIPG taskforce to write the Best Practices series on technology procurement and helped to develop both the Foundations of Technology Procurement and Job Order Contracting Courses for Pathways. She currently teaches a variety of topics for NIGP, is a staff member of Radio NIGP, and an NIGP mentor.
- Level: Advanced Practitioner
- Format: Virtual Instructor-Led
- Contact Hours: 8
- CEUs: 0.8
Job Order Contracting (JOC) is a subset of construction procurement and typically used for smaller construction procurements. The use of Job Order Contracting is growing as entities are trying to find ways to achieve growth and maintenance goals while staying within budget and time constraints. To successfully implement a JOC, procurement needs to establish a JOC program. Procurement must also communicate with suppliers about JOC opportunities and manage contracts to ensure compliance with contract terms.