The need for leadership development has never been more urgent. Regardless of size or industry, for organizations to survive in these highly volatile and complex business environments, they must develop leaders with the skills and organizational capabilities to thrive.
Leading for Impact was built with guidance from the NIGP Leadership Committee and is designed to address many of these challenges faced by our profession.
1. Leading strategically and driving for results
- Identifying key drivers for leadership regarding an organizations “Strategy Process” including the implications of culture.
- Clarifying the distinct Roles and Responsibilities within any strategy process.
- Applying the Five Phases of Decision-Making to think, act and influence strategically.
- Creating direction, alignment & commitment across organizational boundaries
2. Leading in times of change
- Inspiring others to be adaptive to change with enthusiasm, responsibility, and ownership.
- Understanding the distinct phases of any Change Process and how to recognize where any individual or group is located.
- Mastering techniques for responding to multiple types of resistance to change in ways that empower genuine ownership and sustainability.
3. Identifying and building talent
- Accurately distinguishing coaching from other support-based leadership roles.
- Applying the Coaching Formula and the unique elements of the Coaching Process.
- Applying the art of creating and asking transformative questions that enhance awareness, ownership and measured actions that build accountability.
- Recognizing and enhancing the inherent individual strengths, challenges, and opportunities for every member of the team.